Saturday, March 26, 2011

One of My Inspirations

"Arbol de Luz" by Julio Montesinos
One of my dearest inspirations and role models is my uncle Julio. I remember about twenty to thirty years ago he quit his day job as an architect and devoted himself full-time to painting. He has been painting ever since and actually making a living from his art. I had the opportunity to Skype with him the other night, as he lives in Cuenca, Ecuador, and we were discussing my upcoming show and my plan to paint 1000 paintings. He mentioned that he has been numbering his pieces for a while now and is at about #800. That is when the realization hit me of what 1000 paintings really means and thought "what have I gotten myself into?". It is a life's work! But that is what I want after all. So here I am, preparing for the show and happy to say I am at #18. 

My upcoming show will be on Thursday, April 28th at Wild Iris Books from 5:00 pm til closing. Hope to see you there! Wild Iris Books

No comments:

Post a Comment