Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is My Prayer

11/1000 Hearts, 18"x18", acrylic on canvas, $290
It amazes me that in spite of the fact that there are millions of us on this planet, on some level, whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, we are completely alone. Most of the time it is easy to fill our lives with activities and distractions, but when things get very quiet, and we have time to sit and realize that in the end, the only thing we truly have for sure is ourselves, we can feel quite small and scared.

This painting was created on a day where I just felt overwhelmed, insignificant and alone. As I worked on it, I was surprised to see how in spite of this feeling, a radiant and beautiful central focus developed on the canvas. There was something about just sitting with this feeling of aloneness that transformed this emotion into a tall grounded tree full of life and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment